spent a weekend
at Historic Great Camp Sagamore in Raquette Lake!
- Developed an "Adirondack Challenge" that met
State educational standards and focused on the Northern Forest.
- Earned a $200 stipend!
Teams of two teachers
K-12 classrooms in any discipline within a school or school district,
interested in developing standards-based, constructivisit curriculum
for use in their classroom. Teachers came from Ballston Spa,
Hadley-Luzerne, Lake Placid, Potsdam, Queensbury, Saranac Lake, and
Tupper Lake school districts.
At the Workshop
After the Workshop
- Teachers collaboratively developed a challenge
be used in their classroom;
- Had opportunities to share ideas and
experiences with other
North Country educators;
- Interacted with resource people with expertise
- Participated in field trips, entertainment, and
- Participants will field test their challenge in
classroom in 2005 -2006;
- Collaborate with resource people over the
- Submit revised challenge for publication on the
Curriculum Project web site.