BRING THE ADIRONDACKS INTO YOUR CLASSROOM
|The Natural Resources of the Adirondack Park
Print This Challenge
|Grade: 4th - 12th grade
Class: Science, English Language Arts
|NYS Content Area Standard:
Math, Science & Technology:
Standard 4: Science
|NYS Interdisciplinary Standard:
English Language Arts:
Standard 1: Language for Information and Understanding
|Adirondack Curriculum Content Area:
Natural HistoryHealth, Recreation & Life Skills
|Keywords: natural resources|
|Investigative Question or Issue: What natural resources, both renewable and non-renewable, are found in the Adirondack Park.|
This challenge should be customized for specific grade levels and classes.
1. Through Class discussion and individual research, discuss which resources are found in the Adirondack Park.
2. Create a 30”x40” poster/collage which clearly communicates the various natural resources acquired in the Adirondack Park.
3. Report to the class your findings using your poster/collage as a reference.
1. Work independently researching the natural resources of the Adirondack Park.
2. Create a 30”x40” poster/collage which communicates the natural resources of the Adirondack Park.
3. Report and explain your findings to the class using your poster/collage as a reference.
|Product Quality Checklist
Print This Checklist
|Standard/Criteria:||Points Possible:||Points Awarded:|
This Challenge has not yet received any recommendations.