BRING THE ADIRONDACKS INTO YOUR CLASSROOM
|Adirondack Word Jumble
Print This Challenge
|Grade: 6th Grade
|NYS Content Area Standard:
Math, Science & Technology:
Standard 4: Science
|NYS Interdisciplinary Standard:
||Adirondack Curriculum Content Area:
|Keywords: animals, word jumble|
|Investigative Question or Issue: What animals are used by Adirondack residents for food or profit?|
1. Through class discussion and cooperative research, discuss which animals are used in the Adirondacks for food or profit (i.e., selling furs).
2. Create a word jumble using four animals discussed.
3. Distribute the word jumble to the elementary classes to be solved.
1. Works cooperatively in groups of 2 or 3 to indentify various animals of the Adirondacks used for food or profit.
2. Report your findings fo the raminder of the class during a discussion time.
3. Create your own four word jumble using the animals found in your research and discussion. Use a newspaper "Jumble" as a model - don't forget your picture clue and answer.
|Product Quality Checklist
Print This Checklist
|Standard/Criteria:||Points Possible:||Points Awarded:|
Group research: List of animals, cooperation, etc.
Research Report, discussion, presentation, participation, etc.
This Challenge has not yet received any recommendations.